Toowoomba Regional Council will officially open the newly reconstructed $3.7 million Middle Road at Anduramba, near Crow’s Nest 10am, Saturday July 25.
The ceremony with TRC Mayor Paul Antonio and Infrastructure Services Committee Chair Cr Carol Taylor will take place approximately 1km from the end of the road closest to the Anduramba Hall.Â A function will then follow in the hall.
Middle Road now becomes the main access to the Anduramba district from Crow’s Nest after the previous access, Anduramba Range Road, was closed due to slippages following floods events in 2011 and 2013.
Directions to Middle Road from Toowoomba:
- Take the New England Highway to Crows Nest.
- Turn right at Recreation Terrace (signs to Blackbutt/Toogoolawah, just past the Grand Old Crow Hotel);
- Recreation Terrace veers into Emu Creek Rd and then Pierces Creek Rd. Follow this road approximately 9km;
- Turn right onto Middle Road and proceed for approximately 4km;
- The official opening will take place approximately 1km from the end of the road closest to the Anduramba Hall.
The project was funded through the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) with 75% of funding coming from the Federal Government and 25% from the Queensland government.