Residents and organisations seeking funding and assistance for their not-for-profit ventures are encouraged to apply now for Toowoomba Regional Council’s Community Grant Programs. These programs provide opportunities to gain funding or in-kind support for various initiatives.
New for this yearÂ is the Sports Tourism Event Grant Program, which supports eligible organisations to develop and deliver successful sport tourism events that make a positive and ongoing contribution to the region’s economic prosperity, community wellbeing and diverse lifestyle.
The Cultural and Arts Support Grant (CAS) supports aspiring artists, regional grassroots community arts and cultural activities. Applications will be accepted until August 1.
The Community Support Grant Program seeks to achieve a safe, healthy and equitable community, enjoying a quality lifestyle by providing support for projects that:
- demonstrate collaboration and partnerships between community organisations,
- encourage and assist community interaction and inclusiveness,
- foster indigenous, multicultural and inter-generational understanding and equity,
- support innovation, forward thinking and learning opportunities,
- upgrade facilities to meet standards, regulations and community expectations,meet changing community needs and/or increase facility usage.
Applications close on August 1.
Other available programs include Events, Environmental and Sport and Recreation. Further details on each of these programs can be foundÂ here.