As a result of heavy rainfall in the district in the past 24 hours Dalby residents are advised that minor localised flooding has occurred in the township.
With no significant rainfall across the Western Downs this afternoon or forecast overnight, Western Downs Regional Council has issued its final update for this flood event.
As of 6pm this evening, the Western Downs Local Disaster Management Group has advised the following:
* Dalby – Myall Creek has dropped to 1.49 metres and will continue falling overnight.
* Condamine River – water level is falling.
* Charley’s Creek at Chinchilla – water level is falling.
* Brigalow Bridge – water level has levelled off and is expected to slowly fall overnight.
* Moonie River at Teelba Creek – water level is falling.
* Moonie River at Flinton – water level has levelled off and is expected to slowly fall overnight.
The Bureau of Meteorology says the region can expect a mostly fine day tomorrow with some isolated drizzle in the morning.
The Disaster Coordination Centre has not been activated. There are no reported road closures throughout the region due to flooding.
Meanwhile the reopening of the Patrick Street Bridge this weekend has been postponed due to water from Myall Creek once again submerging the bridge. Council advises Main Roads inspectors will need to conduct a further assessment before engineers can finalise essential repairs to the damaged pylon and surface.
Brett Hoefler [email protected]
Corporate Communication and Marketing Officer
Western Downs Regional Council
PO Box 551, Dalby, Qld 4405